NTS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the Newtek Technology Services Forum!

Author Topic: Thai domain name registration?  (Read 59355 times)

Offline Danny

• Webengineer
Thai domain name registration?
« on: August 31, 2005, 10:00:50 PM »
Morning lads and ladies,

I need to register a Thai domain name for a customer who owns a Dutch cafe over there and gets a great website. I've been doing some research and the TLD format needs to be '.co.th' or '.in.th'. Where would one best register this? At a Thai registrar or can this been done through some well-known registrars too (like Godaddy for instance).

People have first hand experience registering an Asian TLD through their registrar fo choice?

Thank you and have a great day,

Danny
Webengineer.nl
Danny

Offline hangtown

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 11:58:09 PM »
GoDaddy doesn't do co.th or in.th... they have some other countries TLD's but not those.

Neither does Dotster (here's their list of TLD's).

Not sure who does. Those are the only two I use. Netsol doesn't (would rather stab myself in the eye than ever use them again anyway).

Offline mhojnik

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 04:52:17 AM »
D, hope this helps: http://www.maxcyber.com/domain/checkdom_th.cgi

Miran Hojnik
3dot - www.3dot.info
Miran

Offline Danny

• Webengineer
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 09:28:40 AM »
Okidoki. I indeed already checked the ThaiNIC website. It's because of these ridiculous rules people just go for a .com other whatever:

"in.th  An individual as well as a company/organization can register domain names under .in.th, and must send a copy of ID card (if registered by individual) or a copy of Por Por 20 (Certificate of Value Added Tax Registration), Tor Kor 0401 (Certificate of Company/Partnership Registration) and/or other related documents (if registered by company/organization) to ThaiNICâ„¢ at fax no. 0-2939-6499. Please note that a foreigner, who wants to register a .in.th domain name, must have a legal work permit and reside in Thailand."

Ofcourse the customer can deliver it, but a 15 minutes task turns out to be a weeks hassle this way!

I'll ask them if I just cannot register 'DontStepInTheTurd.com' and have their business run from there......

Danny
Webengineer.nl
Danny

Offline Cliff

• PathLabTalk
Re: Thai domain name registration?
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 05:17:08 AM »
So, does this forum only exist for spammers now?  I think it's pointless to keep it open.  Long gone are the days of active participation and interest.  Those days died when TIm sold the company to NewTek / TheSBA or whatever it's called these days.

I still pop in once in a while to see if it's come back to life, but all I see is spam like this.

Offline r937

• http://r937.com/
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 05:47:51 PM »
"there will always be someone who seek a brack where the hedge is whole"

that's my cliffie :)

Offline Simon1

• Hosting Newbie
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 07:43:03 AM »
Maybe you tried here? https://europeid.com/domains/asia/thailand/register-co-th/ From what I know in this company you can buy a .CO.TH domain and if you are not from Thailand and need a local presence there to register such a domain. This company also offers such services.

Offline mickey000

• Hosting Newbie
  • Love to spend time with friends
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 03:56:33 AM »
Is it a hosting company specially or a multi service provider?

Unable to find much about it.

Offline Jason [NTS]

• Administrator
    • Newtek Technology Solutions
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2016, 08:38:55 AM »
So, does this forum only exist for spammers now?  I think it's pointless to keep it open.  Long gone are the days of active participation and interest.  Those days died when TIm sold the company to NewTek / TheSBA or whatever it's called these days.

I still pop in once in a while to see if it's come back to life, but all I see is spam like this.

Cliff, there is no doubt that this forum has seen its fair share of spam and "fluff" posts over the years. Rest assured though, Newtek is very much a part of the community and actively working to assist individuals and businesses make the most of the technology solutions we provide.

Is it a hosting company specially or a multi service provider?

Unable to find much about it.

mickey000, Newtek provides several solutions designed to make it easier for businesses to integrate technology into whatever marketplace or business model they may have. If you are interested, more information on these solutions can also be found HERE
Jason
Server Operations Department
http://NewtekTechnology.com