NTS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the Newtek Technology Services Forum!

Author Topic: Anyone using USA ePay payment gateway?  (Read 11553 times)

Offline stimpy2

• Hosting Newbie
    • http://www.farwelldesign.com
Anyone using USA ePay payment gateway?
« on: November 06, 2007, 11:52:08 AM »
I building a new shopping cart site with Cartweaver and was wondering if anyone has set up USA ePay with Coldfusion 8 and Cartweaver 3

Steve

Offline partyball

• Hosting Newbie
  • Word To Your Mother!
Re: Anyone using USA ePay payment gateway?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 07:22:49 AM »
I have used  USA Epay for over a year and am very happy with it.

Offline stimpy2

• Hosting Newbie
    • http://www.farwelldesign.com
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 11:45:15 AM »
I must say my expiriance with Newtech and CT Merchant was, well lets say less than stellar. It tokk 4 days to get a callback then 2 more days to hve a custom solution email to me that was basicly the same info thats on CT's website. Then was informed I was incorrect about the contact time frame by the Sales Rep.

I ended up with Wells Fargo and Auth.net. Mostly because they called me back and seem to want my business.

Derek [CT]

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 02:48:35 PM »
How did you contact NMS? Did you fill out the form from our site or from within the WebControlCenter? If so, when did you do it as I can go through and review the referral within Newtek's system.

Certainly the intent is not to make anyone wait for information, and the vast majority of contact with any Newtek entity is stellar. Regardless, issues  happen some time that can sour the experience. I'm interested in what notes were taken during contact with you.

Offline loco007

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 09:11:50 AM »
I wanted a solution where I could do reference transactions and wouldnt have to store the numbers in my database. USA epay said they were developing something and to wait a month, so I did (not signed up with them, but wanting to switch from authorize.net to something better). Then they told me they would have it done in another month or so, so I waited. After a while they just stopped answering my emails. So i gave up with them. Honesty and an answer would have been nice (we decided not to pursue this feature sorry or something). Maybe they have this feature now, its been a few years. I too went with wells fargo & payflow pro solution because they let you store reference transactions that work for a long time (authorize.net work for like a month or two I think it is & not on authorizations only sales). Payflow pro is now paypal pro, same functionality for me though, dont know if its different if you sign up from scratch.

Offline brandonwmoore

• Hosting Newbie
    • http://www.adilas.biz
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 01:43:37 PM »
This is a quick comment about using USAePay and ColdFusion. I was looking for possible code snippets and I wasn't having much luck. I'm a big CrystalTech fan and started my search here. I wasn't able to find what I was looking for... So, maybe I can help point other users to what I found. I've been using ColdFusion to connect to USAePay for over a year now and just barely made a switch that helped me out. The old way was using cfinvoke and a wsdl file provided by USAePay. That worked fine and was a real solution for over a year. Every once in a while I would have a long wait time and then it would finally go through. The reason for the delay or wait time was that the ColdFusion server had to parse through the entire .wsdl file (tons and tons of methods) and make sure everything was good to go. The new way that I'm connecting is even faster and I haven't had any problems with it. Basically, I'm using a cfsavecontent tag to store the raw soap xml file for the method call. I then use cfhttp and do a direct post to the root folder where my .wsdl file was. The response comes back in xml.

Basically, I lost the nice ColdFusion wrapper using the cfinvoke webservice option but gained quicker and cleaner access by using the raw soap xml. The servers passes only the data that I want, it only has to interpret what it needs (not the entire .wsdl file), and it returns a simple answer. Feel free to contact me if you would like some code samples. Brandon Moore 435.258.5504 (home/office) or by email: brandon@adilas.biz
435.258.5504 (home/office)

Offline maplegate

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 08:53:01 AM »
Be aware that as of today, the ColdFusion library USAEpay provides, and the details in their developer wiki are inconsistent. 

Documentation and comments in the code describe one set of variables in the https POST version of the interface, whereas the actual ColdFusion code both places uses an entirely different set of variables.

This is frustrating when trying to develop my first USAEpay interface.  I am assuming the documentation & comments are out of date.

I submitted a ticket to the USAEpay folks yesterday.  I got 5 (!!) "we'll contact you soon" replies, but no real response yet.

If/when I get this cleared up, I'll post again here.
-don

Offline RyanBishop [NTS]

• Web Hosting
  • Administrator
  • Newtek Web Hosting
    • Newtek Web Hosting
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 09:24:24 AM »
Thanks for the info Don!

Offline jamesedmunds

• http://jamesedmunds.com/poorclio
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 10:29:09 AM »
Don,

I will be watching this thread, as I have am soon adding a client cart that is already established with USAEPay in a cgi cart but we are going to be moving to to ColdFusion, thanks!

-James

James Edmunds
New Iberia, LA