NTS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the Newtek Technology Services Forum!

Author Topic: Anyway to disable this stupid "Clear Template Cache"?  (Read 2672 times)

Offline joshdvx

• Hosting Newbie
Anyway to disable this stupid "Clear Template Cache"?
« on: September 08, 2012, 08:09:47 PM »
So with CF10, everytime I make a change on myserver I have to go through the hassle of "https://www.webcontrolcenter.com/Client_Site/frmCFClearTemplateCache.aspx" and then clearing the cache.  Is there anyway to disable this? 

Clicking the button after every change ends up not working and I have to wait upwards of 20-40minutes before my change actually appears on my server.

It's beyond annoying when I'm trying to diagnose issues. 

Offline theduke

Re: Anyway to disable this stupid "Clear Template Cache"?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 10:21:00 AM »
the only way to solve this is to move your site to a different host. CT/Newtek/thesba says it is to create a "more reliable server" in a shared environment, though they mention nothing about actually being usable.  I've spent 2 hours trying to alter something on a site that should have taken 5 minutes. whenever I upload a file I get this error:
Could not initialize class coldfusion.security.ESAPIUtils null

Then I have to clear the template cache, wait 30 seconds or longer for it to clear, then sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

Offline MattS [NTS]

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 06:54:36 AM »
We are working on creating a non-cached instance on our CF10 servers.  If you would like, PM me your domain and contact info and I will coordinate with you to have your domain moved over once it is ready.

Thank you,
Matt Smith | Associate Vice President of Technology Services

Offline brachiopod

• Hosting Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 05:21:17 AM »
Just an idea, wouldn't it be possible to write a CF script that used the administrator API that could clear an individual user's cache? Users could call that whenever they want by just visiting the URL instead of having to log in to the web control center and bore down to the clear cache option every time a change is made. Each user would have a unique URL and it would only clear the cache for that user. That might be better than setting up a server with the cache turned off.  The CF10 cache combined with the very long process to clear the cache is certainly a problem for developers; we have gone back to using our CF9 accounts to get around this.  Just a suggestion.