NTS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the Newtek Technology Services Forum!

Author Topic: Where's everyone going?  (Read 3455 times)

Offline jbusha

• he
Where's everyone going?
« on: March 19, 2013, 04:29:24 AM »
Came across this post from last month . . . .

"Maybe it's time to finally migrate my personal sites as well away from here"

and wondered where all the CF experts I've been "talking" with the past 10+ years are relocating their sites?

My number of sites has dwindled due to a switch in jobs, but still have a few stragglers at CT that I am contemplating putting somewhere else.

Would like to know if I move them somewhere, l might still have a chance to ask help from Rudy, Morovan, JamesEdmunds, etc.

Offline r937

• http://r937.com/
Re: Where's everyone going?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 05:41:04 PM »
i haven't gone anywhere and don't plan to

if you do leave crystaltech, please let me know where, and please do stay in touch... rudy@r937.com

Offline jbusha

• he
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 10:01:46 PM »
Hey, that's good to know.

Thanks for the reply and all the help in the past.

Offline Penhall

• he
    • http://www.tutshi.com/
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 12:54:21 AM »
Its a ghost town here for sure compared to what it used to be. As for moving elsewhere, the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence.

For my more critical sites, I've remained at CT/Newtek or whatever the name of the day is. Honestly, if they had a better (or any, really) reseller plan I'd probably move everything I have over here to avoid dealing with the issues of late with my primary host of most of my sites.
Regards
George Marchewa
www.tutshi.com

Offline ak732

• Happily Verbose
    • Agile Web Technologies
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 07:09:24 AM »
I second the request for some sort of reseller program.
Andy

Offline RyanBishop [NTS]

• Web Hosting
  • Administrator
  • Newtek Web Hosting
    • Newtek Web Hosting
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 08:02:37 AM »
What are some features in a reseller option you would like to see? Do you want to pay for, manage and control the customers accounts at a discounted rate or looking for more of an affiliate type option where you bring the customer in hand them off and receive residuals for each accounts revenue?

Also, Tell us what products are you interested in seeing this for.

Shared Windows
Shared Linux
SharePoint
Cloud VPS
Dedicated
SSL
Domain Registration
Merchant Processing
Other..

Offline Penhall

• he
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 01:12:42 AM »
If there was a Windows Reseller package here, two weeks ago I probably would have moved a bunch of sites over; however given the totally horrendous,and still unresolved, experience I've had in the last week with billing - I'd have to think twice a few time about doing that.
Regards
George Marchewa
www.tutshi.com

Offline RyanBishop [NTS]

• Web Hosting
  • Administrator
  • Newtek Web Hosting
    • Newtek Web Hosting
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 01:17:05 AM »
PM me your issue so we can resolve it. Whether you move or stay (preferred) I would like to make sure its been resolved..

Offline ak732

• Happily Verbose
    • Agile Web Technologies
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 04:43:21 AM »
What are some features in a reseller option you would like to see? Do you want to pay for, manage and control the customers accounts at a discounted rate or looking for more of an affiliate type option where you bring the customer in hand them off and receive residuals for each accounts revenue?

Shared Windows
Shared Linux
SharePoint
Cloud VPS
Dedicated
SSL
Domain Registration
Merchant Processing
Other..

Can't speak for others obviously, but I want to pay for, manage and control customer accounts at a discounted rate.  I'm only interested in web-hosting services; not any of the others.  In a reseller arrangement, I don't want my clients/customers to even know what a "Newtek" is, let alone be contacted by Newtek for any reason.  In fact, that's pretty much a primary requirement.

At this time, I'm only interested in Windows shared hosting.  Dedicated is also interesting for the future, although at this point I have no need.

Andy

Offline RyanBishop [NTS]

• Web Hosting
  • Administrator
  • Newtek Web Hosting
    • Newtek Web Hosting
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 05:01:03 AM »

Shared Windows
Shared Linux
SharePoint
Cloud VPS
Dedicated
SSL
Domain Registration
Merchant Processing
Other..

Can't speak for others obviously, but I want to pay for, manage and control customer accounts at a discounted rate.  I'm only interested in web-hosting services; not any of the others.  In a reseller arrangement, I don't want my clients/customers to even know what a "Newtek" is, let alone be contacted by Newtek for any reason.  In fact, that's pretty much a primary requirement.

At this time, I'm only interested in Windows shared hosting.  Dedicated is also interesting for the future, although at this point I have no need.

Thanks for the feedback Andy, PM me your contact details and some times you are available to discuss this further. I am sure we can come up with something that will work for you.

We are releasing a lot of new products right now so having the ability to resell those products and make money for your own business is something we are very interested in helping you do.

Offline Penhall

• he
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 05:13:50 AM »

I would echo Andy's requirements - I'd like to manage and control customer accounts as independant from Newtek on all levels. I'd love to allocate multiple resold customers under one primary reseller account - much like HSPHERE/PLESK etc. CPs do under 'reseller' setups.

I don't think the old CT 'discount per account added as a CT standalone customer' under the old WebControlCenter would do anything to entice me though; being a relatively small reseller and prefering anonimity.

I really don't have an interest in Linux/VPS/Dedicated reselling however would always entertain a reselling FOR Newtek on a referal commision basis.

In general, what's kept my primary accounts at Newtek is the site performance/reliability and wouldn't want to trade that cheap reseller hosting attracting too many 'cheap' customers overloading support/servers (not sure if I'm saying that right, just wouldn't want Newtek to go towards QUANTITY of customers at discounted price VS QUALITY of services, if you know what I mean - there are plenty of dirt-cheap resellers out there that attract that kind of customer)
Regards
George Marchewa
www.tutshi.com

Offline RyanBishop [NTS]

• Web Hosting
  • Administrator
  • Newtek Web Hosting
    • Newtek Web Hosting
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 05:55:04 AM »
I would echo Andy's requirements - I'd like to manage and control customer accounts as independant from Newtek on all levels. I'd love to allocate multiple resold customers under one primary reseller account - much like HSPHERE/PLESK etc. CPs do under 'reseller' setups.

We have been working very close with Parallels, so we could work something out with you on this as we do have Plesk available in our shared environment now. The only restriction we have had with Plesk at this point is they don't support CF10 until their next version release... Which actually should be pretty soon...

I really don't have an interest in Linux/VPS/Dedicated reselling however would always entertain a reselling FOR Newtek on a referal commision basis.

This is actually something we have in place already that you can sign up for. You literally only need to send us the referral of someone looking for services and as we sign them up you get a residual for that service. It's a very simple way to add income for your self by just sending information our way. 

In general, what's kept my primary accounts at Newtek is the site performance/reliability and wouldn't want to trade that cheap reseller hosting attracting too many 'cheap' customers overloading support/servers (not sure if I'm saying that right, just wouldn't want Newtek to go towards QUANTITY of customers at discounted price VS QUALITY of services, if you know what I mean - there are plenty of dirt-cheap resellers out there that attract that kind of customer)

We are very interested in helping our resellers service and support their clients using our quality hosting services. As many of you know I have worked here for over 12 years and many of my coworkers as well. It's the same people that were supporting and servicing your sites back in the CF5 days. We always provide the latest technologies in the safest environments possible maintained and supported by top quality experiences administrators.

I think it would probably be easiest to setup a call to discuss options for reselling services and managing the accounts. Shoot me your information and lets setup a call to see what can be done. In the past we were very structured and didn't do a lot of custom reseller or affiliate type options but recently we have been very successful working with others to come to agreements that have benefited both parties well.

Offline Penhall

• he
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2013, 12:46:16 AM »
Hi Ryan

I will follow up with you in a week or so, unfortunately most of April I've been traveling for work but should have some 'thinking' time the second half of the month.

George
Regards
George Marchewa
www.tutshi.com

Offline jamesedmunds

• http://jamesedmunds.com/poorclio
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2013, 11:31:40 AM »
Earlier on, someone was kind enough to mention me by name in this thread. As to where I am, I have wound down the portion of my business where I mind folks' web sites for them, and do only project-related work now (you know, that has a beginning and an end) and a few weekends ago I even went away for a few days and didn't feel like I had to bring a laptop! Closed my Newtek account after the last web client was dispersed, although most of those clients remain here at Newtek with new webmasters.

So, not writing much code these days, but still helping design projects, including those with Internet/web elements. Will miss some of the exchanges that occurred on these forums, although it does seem in the last couple of years that traffic has died down for various reasons...  I think one of them possibly being that the third party tools and frameworks, etc., have matured to the point that some of us have wound up solving problems for folks by steering things into the right framework, etc., rather than originating quite so much code.

Cheers to all,

James
James Edmunds
New Iberia, LA