NTS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the Newtek Technology Services Forum!

Author Topic: Solr Collections missing?  (Read 3738 times)

Offline Cliff

• he
    • PathLabTalk
Solr Collections missing?
« on: May 03, 2013, 06:10:18 AM »
I created a few collections to search documents.  All was working fine.
No changes to the server have been made.

Yesterday someone did a search and it came back with an error saying the collection was not found.  When I look in CF Admin, there are no collections listed in the Solr section.  If I try to create one it says this, but it does create the folders on the server.

• Unable to create collection docs.
    Unable to create Solr collection docs.
    An error occurred while creating the collection: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException. Check the Solr logs for more detail.
I checked the Services and ColdFusion 9 Search Server as well as ColdFusion 9 Solr Service are running.  I tried restarting them but have the same issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Offline Cliff

• he
    • PathLabTalk
Re: Solr Collections missing?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 06:41:03 AM »
I just restarted the server, and there are still no SOlr collections listed, and I still get the same error if I try to create a new one.

Offline morovan

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 12:50:31 PM »
For posterity....

When trying to create a new collection the error was:

Code: [Select]
An error occurred while creating the collection: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException. Check the Solr logs for more detail.
We ended up trying to access the Solr interface http://localhost:8983/solr/.  We discovered that Solr was not starting because some files were missing.  We ended up opening the solr.xml in the multicores directory and removing the offending cores.  Once java.exe was restarted, and the search service was restarted it worked again.

You can read more about the fix here: http://www.michaels.me.uk/post.cfm/coldfusion-solr-collections-mysteriously-stop-working
www.todayrealestate.com - Search the MLS for all properties for sale on Cape Cod, Massachusetts.

Offline Cliff

• he
    • PathLabTalk
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 12:55:22 PM »
Thank you again, a real lifesaver.

I'm not sure if it's appropriate to post this here, but if anyone ever needs server / coding help, I highly recommend morovan.  I've worked with him several times and he's always come through for me.

Offline morovan

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 02:17:13 PM »
Thanks Cliff!
www.todayrealestate.com - Search the MLS for all properties for sale on Cape Cod, Massachusetts.