NTS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the Newtek Technology Services Forum!

Author Topic: Wordpress E-commerce  (Read 2633 times)

Offline xarzu

• Hosting Newbie
Wordpress E-commerce
« on: October 30, 2014, 12:54:55 AM »
I am just starting the creation of a wordpress forum to be used with e-commerce.  I figured I would start a discussion thread here and chart my progress and ask for suggestions.  Has anyone built an e-commerce website from scratch based on wordpress?

So far, I have tried wp-e-commerce but, after I installed this plug-in, I went to click on "settings" for this plug in and it told me that I did not have permissions to use the settings option. But I am the admin of the wordpress.

What do you think?

I have been told that the best known is WOOCOMMERCE.  I might try that next.

Offline RyanBishop [NTS]

• Web Hosting
  • Administrator
  • Newtek Web Hosting
    • Newtek Web Hosting
Re: Wordpress E-commerce
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 12:49:45 PM »
WOOCOMMERCE is certainly a very popular and highly rated plugin. I would give it a go in your position. Post back and let us know how you like it.

Offline Simon1

• Hosting Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 07:28:51 AM »
Read some about prestashop it's very good cms for e-commerce purpose

Offline nesir

• Hosting Newbie
    • New Perspective studio
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 05:06:35 AM »
Yea woo-commerce is rated as one f the best and user friendly plugins on WordPress. If you are new to eCommerce or WordPress itself i would suggest google some tips on online security especially on eCommerce websites based on WordPress.. WPbeginner is a good place to start. Also always keep your plugins updated as they updated not only for speed ad functionality but security too.

Xarzu i think you might find it interesting that there is almost a duplicate question on this topic posted right above it.

Offline Rose1812

• Hosting Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 09:41:49 PM »
Whether you're hoping to sell digital downloads, physical inventory, or subscriptions and memberships – with WP eCommerce