NTS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the Newtek Technology Services Forum!

Author Topic: E-commerce Newbie  (Read 388 times)

Offline gpalz

• Hosting Newbie
E-commerce Newbie
« on: February 21, 2016, 05:44:00 PM »
Hello Forum Members,

A client of mine has a hosting account on Newtek. There's some consideration of creating a store page to sell some basic items in the future. I noticed his account comes with numerous e-commerce applications to install directly from cPanel onto the domain. The website is built and most likely we would add a "Store" link in the navigation and install the e-commerc app into a sub directory(/store). Probably a single page of items to start. Nothing too fancy.

Would the client need to obtain an SSL certificate from Newtek first? Would the store install from cPanel also include setting up databases or is this a separate setup outside the store install?  Are there any other considerations I should be thinking of with the install?

Thank you for your time and words

George

Offline Jason [NTS]

• Newtek Technology Solutions
Re: E-commerce Newbie
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 08:41:13 AM »
Hello George,

As you seen, there are many great options when it comes to creating an ecommerce or shopping web site built right into the cPanel/Softaculous interface.

Would the client need to obtain an SSL certificate from Newtek first?

Depending on your timeline, you can install, design and test your ecommerce site functionality prior to obtaining an SSL. Once you are satisfied with your ecommerce solution, Newtek can provide the SSL certificate right through your Account Portal

Would the store install from cPanel also include setting up databases or is this a separate setup outside the store install?

The installation through the cPanel/Softaculous interface will take care of the database creation for you. With most installations, all that is needed is the location you would prefer the shopping cart be installed and administrative credentials preferred.

Are there any other considerations I should be thinking of with the install?

You will need a way to process the Credit card purchases would be one consideration. Is this something that you currently have in place or have you considered using Newtek for your payment gateway? More information on how Newtek can assist with processing your online payments can be found HERE

You will no doubt have additional questions along the way and Newtek will of course be here 24/7/365 to help through the entire process.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you would like.
Jason
Server Operations Department
http://NewtekTechnology.com