NTS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the Newtek Technology Services Forum!

Author Topic: Wordpress E-commerce  (Read 85 times)

Offline JoeClark

• Hosting Newbie
Wordpress E-commerce
« on: August 22, 2017, 07:11:37 AM »
Hello,

I am just starting the creation of a wordpress forum to be used with e-commerce. I figured I would start a discussion thread here and chart my progress and ask for suggestions. Has anyone built an e-commerce website from scratch based on wordpress?
So far, I have tried wp-e-commerce but, after I installed this plug-in, I went to click on "settings" for this plug in and it told me that I did not have permissions to use the settings option. But I am the admin of the wordpress. I went through many resources E-Commerce Video to find more information and help but, did not find much information.
What do you think?
I have been told that the best known is WOOCOMMERCE. I might try that next.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you.

Offline nesir

• Hosting Newbie
    • New Perspective studio
Re: Wordpress E-commerce
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 05:04:36 AM »
Yea woo-commerce is rated as one f the best and user friendly plugins on WordPress. If you are new to eCommerce or WordPress itself i would suggest google some tips on online security especially on eCommerce websites based on WordPress.. WPbeginner is a good place to start. Also always keep your plugins updated as they updated not only for speed ad functionality but security too.

Also this post has been covered in the thread just below with almost exact same question...