NTS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the Newtek Technology Services Forum!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

1 -  Programming/Design / Web Design Forum / Re: I want to write my own wordpress plugin

Started by xarzu - Last post by M-Twain on: July 20, 2017, 12:04:01 AM

I suggest you a perfect guide to learn about WordPress filters and hooks >> http://docs.presscustomizr.com/article/26-wordpress-actions-filters-and-hooks-a-guide-for-non-developers

Also, I would like to recommend a book “Professional WordPress Plugin Development” by Brad Williams >> https://www.amazon.com/Professional-WordPress-Plugin-Development-Williams/dp/0470916222

2 -  Programming/Design / Web Design Forum / Re: What program do you use for web design?

Started by gdm - Last post by M-Twain on: July 19, 2017, 11:44:17 PM

Photoshop is one of the perfect software for this purpose, but it’s paid. So, I prefer GIMP because it is free and very easy to use. It allows every feature like Photoshop and perfect to manage all projects of web design.

3 -  Programming/Design / Web Design Forum / Re: What program do you use for web design?

Started by gdm - Last post by Shawndev on: July 14, 2017, 02:02:50 AM

Title pretty much says it all.  I am wondering what most folks use for web design.  Currently my wife does our website and some friends using FP2003.  I tried to have use Dreamweaver 3 years ago and she didn't like it so much.

Current website http://www.ariussiberians.com

You can use https://pinegrow.com/ it is much better workflow compared to DW. It's pretty awesome.

4 -  Programming/Design / Web Design Forum / Re: I want to write my own wordpress plugin

Started by xarzu - Last post by Webdesignweb on: July 13, 2017, 02:39:44 AM

I want to write my own wordpress plugin.

Does anyone know where I can find a lits of hooks and filters and what they do?

Also, is there a book that is a good reference for people who want to write wordpress plugins?

If you want to learn how to write a plugin, then the formal way would be best.  Learn PHP syntax and learn WordPress core concepts.  This is a lengthier process but you will learn how to do it correctly.

However, if you are comfortable with reading code, and you are willing to hack around, here's how to do it.

a)  Find a plugin that already does what you want.  Go to your admin dashboard, look at the list of installed plugins.  Click EDIT on the plugin you want.
b)  Copy and paste the code to a text editor like Notepad++ so you can edit it properly.
c)  Change the following information:

Plugin Name:
plugin URI:
Description:
version: 1.0.0
Author: Your Name
Author URI: The URL of your website
License: GPL2

Changing this header information effectively creates a new plugin.

d)  Make the changes you want to the code.  If you picked the right plugin to clone, you only need minor alterations to the code.

e)  Make a zip file of the code.

f)  Use the Upload Plugin option to upload the Zip File to your WordPress website.  WordPress will install the plugin for you  as long as there is no syntax error in the code.

By doing it this way, you build upon a working model that someone has already done.  You learn PHP syntax and you get to use the WordPress codex in researching the functions you need.

5 -  General / General Discussion Forum / Multitasking on PIC microcontrollers

Started by xinlei - Last post by xinlei on: June 29, 2017, 12:50:55 AM

Multitasking is important these days. I wonder how we can achieve it in microcontrollers and embedded programming. I am designing a system which is based on a PIC microcontroller(PIC12F629). I have designed its firmware in MplabX IDE using C and then designed an application for it in Visual Studio using C# .

Since I've gotten used to using threads in C# programming on the desktop to implement parallel tasks, is there a way to do the same in my microcontroller code? MplabX IDE provides pthreads.h but it is just a stub with no implementation. I know there is FreeRTOS support but using that makes your code more complex. Some forum says that interrupts can also be used as multi tasking but I don't think interrupts are equivalent to threads.

I am designing a system which sends some data to a UART and at the same time it need to send data to a website via (wired) ethernet. A user can control the output through the website but the output turns ON/OFF with a delay of 2-3 sec. So that is the problem I am facing. Is there any solution for multi tasking in microcontrollers?

6 -  General / Network/Internet Forum / Re: This IP address cannot be used for browsing

Started by Corobori - Last post by werkan on: June 28, 2017, 12:51:15 PM

Yes, maybe that something with address? Why there are 4 "w"?

7 -  Programming/Design / Other Programming Forum / FYI - Cron job must generate screen output in order to send confirmation email

Started by mhurwicz - Last post by mhurwicz on: June 09, 2017, 09:00:05 PM

Step 3 of the knowledgebase article below should be updated to note that the cron daemon  only sends the notification email if there is screen output from the cron command.

https://help.webcontrolcenter.com/kb/a1813/creating-cron-jobs-cpanel.aspx

For instance, if I have the confirmation email set to myconfirm@myemail.com and I execute a php file from a cron job that looks like this, no confirmation email is sent:

<?php mail('me@myemail.com','Cron Job Ran',phpversion()); ?>

The php generated email (to me@myemail.com) is sent, but nothing is sent to myconfirm@myemail.com.

On the other hand, if the php file looks like this, both emails (the php generated email and the confirmation email) are sent, because the echo command generates screen output, causing the cron daemon to send the confirmation email:

<?php echo "completed", mail('me@myemail.com','Cron Job Ran',phpversion()); ?>

8 -  Programming/Design / Web Design Forum / Re: What is Logo Design?

Started by MichelMerry - Last post by M-Twain on: May 11, 2017, 11:49:41 PM

Logo Design: An identical symbol or a trademark which represents of any particular product or company. It is a graphical design element which organizations are using on their websites, letterheads and business cards. 

9 -  Programming/Design / E-commerce Forum / Re: E commerce newbie

Started by braveluke - Last post by brentclark2003 on: May 11, 2017, 02:37:18 AM

Every platform of Magento purchase order have its own rich features whether it is Magento Community features or Magento Enterprise features. Each of the version has its own features according to your needs. At first, the “free version” might seem right but with a thorough study and comparing to the business needs “Premium version” might be the best solution.
magento 2 top menu
magento 2 dealer store locator
magento inventory management tutorial
magento reward points module

10 -  Programming/Design / Other Programming Forum / MSP430F149's Programming Troubles

Started by maydory - Last post by maydory on: April 28, 2017, 02:00:17 AM

Good afternoon,I will be appreciated if you could give me some available information.
I have written a program about using msp430f149 according to its datasheet( http://www.kynix.com/uploadfiles/pdf8798/MSP430F1491IPM.pdf ) to control the step motor.I would like to show them here.
This is the program:

Code: [Select]
#include <msp430x14x.h>   
typedef    unsigned int  uint; 
typedef   unsigned char uchar;   
#define   PWM   BIT2   
void int_clk()   
{   
    uchar i;   
    BCSCTL1&=~XT2OFF;  //open XT oscillator   
    BCSCTL2|=SELM1+SELS;//MCLK 8M and SMCLK 1M     
    do   
    {   
        IFG1 &= ~OFIFG;                 //clean the wrong sign of vibration   
        for(i = 0; i < 100; i++)   
      _NOP();           //delay waiting   
        }   
    while ((IFG1 & OFIFG) != 0);    //If sign is 1,continue to wait   
    IFG1&=~OFIFG;   
}   
void int_pwm()   
{   
  P1SEL|=PWM;//choose P12 to bePWM output   
  P1DIR|=PWM;     
  TACCR0=800;//PWM signal cycle 10KHz   
  TACCR1=400;//duty cycle 1:1   
  TACCTL1=OUTMOD0+OUTMOD1+OUTMOD2; //outputted mode choosing   
  TACTL|=TASSEL1+MC0;   
}   
void main()   
{   
  WDTCTL=WDTPW+WDTHOLD;//close watchdog   
  int_clk();  //clock initialization   
  int_pwm();  //initialize PWM   
  while(1);//end

The program is base on controlling the return of step motor by using msp4300f149.The outputted port of PWM is P1.2 while the signal cycle is 10KHZ. The duty cycle is 1:1.
Do you have any suggestions about my program? Welcome to discuss it with me.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10