NTS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the Newtek Technology Services Forum!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

1 -  General / Shared Linux Forum / How can a user master linux

Started by nesir - Last post by nesir on: December 12, 2017, 11:44:53 AM

Too many package managers makes Linux hard to learn and master

Many Linux newbies start with Ubuntu. This should not take away from Ubuntu; it is a testament to its smart design and ease of use. In the terminal or on the command-line, these users will learn the apt package manager commands, as that is what Ubuntu uses.

Sadly, these new Linux users will think the apt package manager is the only package manager. There are many other managers such as YUM and Pacman. These package managers use entirely different commands which can be confusing.

How can a user master Linux and become an expert when an unfamiliar package manager can cause a beginner-like regression?

2 -  General / SmarterMailâ„¢ Forum / Re: Mail size attachment limit?

Started by jamesedmunds - Last post by Congrinus on: December 08, 2017, 10:54:29 PM

You can try Gmail as it allows you attach files to 25MB. If you dont know how to send a video through email, especially the large files, just upload the video to YouTube and send it as a link.

3 -  General / Cloud Virtual Private Server (VPS) Forum / Re: advice about WordPress!

Started by deny_50 - Last post by nesir on: December 08, 2017, 03:36:58 PM

Worpress is great there is a great study on worpress speed up plugins , just google it he lists the top five and their effects. Youd be suprised how some perform . I would say if you have the ability to optimise within the code without a plugin do that , more plugins more resources requested slower speed.

4 -  Programming/Design / Web Design Forum / Re: Tired of White hat Seo *sigh* what your opinion ?

Started by ravenmull2 - Last post by nesir on: December 08, 2017, 03:33:19 PM

Hi raven , keep with the whitehat m when algorithms role out , like  penguin you will be grateful you played the long game .

5 -  Programming/Design / Web Design Forum / Re: I want to write my own wordpress plugin

Started by xarzu - Last post by nesir on: December 08, 2017, 03:32:09 PM

I just want to add to this there are great resources for learning this as WordPress is booming , however download a few plugins that are similar to what you want to do , open them up and look at the coding to give you a better idea of what to do and what not to do.

6 -  Miscellaneous / Classifieds / Re: Website design

Started by nesir - Last post by kinasakiyara on: December 05, 2017, 05:49:37 AM

Thanks. How can i check your portfolio?

7 -  Miscellaneous / Classifieds / Re: Website design

Started by nesir - Last post by Rose1812 on: November 27, 2017, 09:46:36 PM

The best of web design and web design inspiration - updated regularly with new designs and web designers, and featuring the best Wordpress Themes.

8 -  Miscellaneous / Classifieds / Re: FMEextensions - Magento Custom Development Services

Started by simonwalker - Last post by Rose1812 on: November 27, 2017, 09:46:01 PM

FMEextensions is an industry leader in providing Magento extensions. FME has professionally build 120+ extensions for Magento 1 & Magento 2.

9 -  Miscellaneous / Classifieds / Re: ITS Circle - Website Design & Development Firm

Started by Mujji - Last post by Rose1812 on: November 27, 2017, 09:45:03 PM

ITS Circle an experienced and Interactive Web Design Dubai Company, providing fresh, effective and creative website design Dubai, web development services .

10 -  Miscellaneous / Classifieds / Re: Five Tips for Plugging Your Website

Started by Leigh [CT] - Last post by Rose1812 on: November 27, 2017, 09:44:33 PM

These 12 Website Improvement Ideas will span various aspects:
Conversion
Content
Research
Maintenance
Mobile
Usability
SEO
Measurement
Design

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10